Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

I'm going to resurrect the Waiting on Wednesday meme on Lost For Words. It's been a while since I posted it, and I LOVE posting about new books, especially ones that I am waiting for impatiently. 

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill from Breaking The Spine. It spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

First up, I'm currently craving:

Synopsis taken from goodreads

The long-awaited sequel to Green Rider, First Rider's Call, and The High King's Tomb.

Once a simple student, Karigan G'ladheon finds herself in a world of deadly danger and complex magic, compelled by forces she cannot understand when she becomes a legendary Green Rider-one of the magical messengers of the king. Forced by magic to accept a dangerous fate she would never have chosen, headstrong Karigan has become completely devoted to the king and her fellow Riders.

But now, an insurrection led by dark magicians threatens to break the boundaries of ancient, evil Blackveil Forest-releasing powerful dark magics that have been shut away for a millennium.

Why it's on my wishlist:

This series blew me out of the water with the first book. Honestly, I can't say I've ever been hooked so completely by a series since James Clemens' The Banned and the Banished series. Fantastical elements, an elite group of riders who are messengers and guardians for the king, and a powerful and evil adversary. What's not to like? I'll be picking this one up the day of release. Luckily it is scheduled for release the first of February, so the wait won't be to much longer.

Synopsis taken from goodreads:

One choice.

One choice decides your friends, defines your beliefs, and determines your loyalties . . . forever.

Or, one choice can transform you.

In Veronica Roth's debut novel, Divergent, a perfect society unfolds into a dystopian world of electrifying decisions, stunning consequences, heartbreaking betrayals, and unexpected romance.

Why it's on my wishlist:

A dystopian read that sounds like a truly epic and frightening world. It sounds like it's going to be a gripping read, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. This one is scheduled for release in May, so a few months of drooling and wanting still to go yet. 

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I didn't know Kristen Britain had a new one coming out, thanks for the heads up! I started that series years ago and loved it. I will definitely be picking up the new book.

Alison Can Read said...

Blackveil looks interesting. I'm getting more and more interested in high fantasy.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

blackveil has a great cover!